Mini Cart

  • No products in the cart.

Chateau Gachon Montagne St Emilion 2019


In Stock

Velvety smooth, rich and dense. an exceptional vintage. More Info Tasting Notes:...

Free delivery on orders of £120.00 or over. All other deliveries are £8.95, except Selected Cases where delivery is included United Kingdom
Vineyard: Chateau Gachon

Velvety smooth, rich and dense. an exceptional vintage.

More Info

Tasting Notes: Traditional vinification with 30% of the blend made with 12 months of age in barrels, the other 70% is aged in cement vats for a year. This wine is a deep ruby colour with purple hues and has a soft nose of cherry, cassis, and spice. On the palate it is well balanced with a strong but smooth tannic structure and a complementary soft mid-palate of ripe fruits such as plums and red berries. The well-integrated oak ageing helps to soften the tannins in the wine and adds some complexity through the subtle toast, smokey and vanilla notes which linger on the finish.

Chateau Gachon is classified within the district of the Montagne Saint-Emilion. Which is located close to the hamlet of Pomerol, a mere 400m from the world-famous Chateau Petrus. The estate is run by Gael Arpin who now runs the family business. The Arpin family have been vignerons for four generations, originally starting with Jean-Baptiste Arpin (Gaels great grandfather) who returned from the first World War in 1919 and purchased the first hectare. The estate now has 23 hectares under vine that are grown on rich clay and limestone soils which are crucial to the quality of the grapes. Recent investments into new cellar equipment support the aim of a more contemporary `modernist` style of winemaking.

Saint-Émilion and Pomerol sit next to each other on the right bank of Bordeaux. Saint-Émilion is home to some of the most prestigious wines in the world such as Cheval Blanc and Angelus. Only red wine qualifies for the appellation and is predominately made from Merlot and Cabernet Franc. Pomerol is located in the east of the Bordeaux region, near Saint-Émilion. While most appellations are named after a village or town within their boundaries, Pomerol has no such epicentre. Pomerol is an 800ha gravel bank with boasts the famous names of Petrus and Le Pin and produces wines made predominantly out of Merlot.

Food Match : perfect with Roast Beef, Beef Stew, game, venison, hard mature cheeses 

ABV: 14%

Grape : Merlot 70%, Cabernet Sauvignon 20% & Cabernet Franc 10%

Producer : Chateau Gachon

Country : Bordeaux, France

We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.